fresh stART Show with The Homeless Alliance 9/1/17

  • Who: Artwork created by artists who are homeless or have experienced homelessness
  • What: fresh stART art show
  • Where: 1219 Creative gallery, 1219 N. Classen Blvd.
  • When: Opening reception – Friday, Sept. 1 from 6 to 8 p.m. The art will remain on display Sept. 5th and 6th from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • How: The show is FREE to attend! Participating fresh stART artists receive 80 percent of the proceeds from the sale of their artwork, and the remaining 20 percent is retained by the gallery.

About Fresh stART:  Fresh stART is a program of the Homeless Alliance and City Care designed to provide people experiencing homelessness in OKC with a supportive environment for creating art. In addition to providing a potential source of income, open studio art programs enable people experiencing homelessness to express themselves creatively, manage emotional issues, and develop social skills, confidence, and skills transferable to employment. Fresh stART hosts studio time twice per week at the Day Shelter located on the Westtown Homeless Resource Campus and welcomes donations of art supplies from the community.

Other News

fresh stART Shows Coming Soon: 
October @ The Paseo Plunge
November @ The Underground Coffee Shop

Donations Needed
Fresh stART is in need of art supplies, especially paint, canvas, sketch pads, water color paper, mat board, and paper towels.

For more information on how to get involved, visit: homlessalliance.com and click on the “Get Involved” tab.

Advertisements