1219 Creative in collaboration with Art Fusion Studios (Rick and Tracy Bewley) and Abraham’s Bail Bonds (Building Owner) seeks artists and/or artist teams to submit proposals for executing an original work of art (mural) on the North side of our building located at 1219 N. Classen Blvd in OKC. The project work area is approximately 125’ long and 12’ tall. There is no predetermined theme, but the mural should be colorful and positive, with a focus on creativity and inspiration. This is a public space with homes, schools, churches and businesses nearby so please keep content appropriate.
To be considered, please submit:
- Letter of Interest: State your interest in and qualifications for the project in a letter (1 page)
- Proposal: A narrative and drawing illustrating the concept, including supplemental information such as medium, approximate dimensions of sections (if applicable). The narrative should convey the artistic intent, style of work, etc. and a preliminary timetable for completed mural.
- Resume: Highlighting your experience with public art.
- References: 2 references from persons familiar with the applicant’s artwork.
- A CD or web link of digital images: no more than 10 images of artwork the applicant has completed.
- Finalists must be willing to make an in person presentation to the review committee.