(PAST) Call for Mural Artists
1219 Creative in collaboration with Art Fusion Studios (Rick and Tracy Bewley) and Abraham’s Bail Bonds (Building Owner) seeks artists and/or artist teams to submit proposals for executing an original work of art (mural) on the North side of our building located at 1219 N. Classen Blvd in OKC. The project work area is approximately 125’ long and 12’ tall. There is no predetermined theme, but the mural should be colorful and positive, with a focus on creativity and inspiration. This is a public space with homes, schools, churches and businesses nearby so please keep content appropriate.
To be considered, please submit:
- Letter of Interest: State your interest in and qualifications for the project in a letter (1 page)
- Proposal: A narrative and drawing illustrating the concept, including supplemental information such as medium, approximate dimensions of sections (if applicable). The narrative should convey the artistic intent, style of work, etc. and a preliminary timetable for completed mural.
- Resume: Highlighting your experience with public art.
- References: 2 references from persons familiar with the applicant’s artwork.
- A CD or web link of digital images: no more than 10 images of artwork the applicant has completed.
- Finalists must be willing to make an in person presentation to the review committee.
Entries that use a copyrighted or trademarked image will not be accepted. In addition, the art must not be plagiarized, stolen, or copied from any other source. Entries must not defame or invade the rights of any person, living or dead. The artwork is a long-term installation and will become the property of the building owner but attributed to artist. 1219 Creative and partners also reserve the right to use the artwork for marketing, advertising and promotion of our facility and surrounding area activities. Artist retains the right to the artwork for prints, online display or self-promotion.
Chosen applicants will be notified shortly after the September 30th deadline. The selected artist will receive a contract for the commission in an amount not to exceed $5,000 which must be sufficient for all remaining elements of the project including, artist fees, materials and installation. The contract will be paid 1/2 before work begins for material and 1/2 upon completion, within 3 working days.
Submit your proposal package via firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Mural Project or hardcopy (postmarked Sept. 30) to:
1219 Classen Blvd.
OKC, OK 73106-6891
Submitted materials will not be returned
You must be logged in to post a comment.